Food and Accommodation Services – Claiming Employer Negligence
If you have suffered an injury working in the food or accommodation industry, and feel employer negligence is to blame, contact us today. We can help you with a free claim assessment, and provide our services on a no win, no fee* basis. Call us today on 08082391859^ to start your compensation claim.
Health & Safety in the Food & Accommodation Sector of the UK
Being able to eat and drink out and about is one of the more accessible luxuries of modern-day life; so is being able to stay in hotels in our favourite or unexplored places. With food and accommodation establishments being a common staple of both urban and rural locations throughout the UK, there is no shortage of places to visit and experience delicacies both foreign and domestic. The accommodation, food, and drink service industry employs around 6% of the working population of England, Wales, and Scotland.
Food and accommodation hospitality services are split into two camps, given that fact that most businesses don’t operate both. Accommodation covers short- and long-term lodgings for travellers, students, and workers of other sectors. Food in this industry grouping is concerned with ready to eat or complete food and drink for immediate consumption. This includes restaurants, take-away and bars, food that is prepared for later is usually considered under manufacturing. Waiters, bar staff, cleaners, and chefs are in a particularly high-risk group for injuries in the workplace, among the top 5 for rate of injury per workers across all industries.
Claim compensation for an injury or illness from working in the food and accommodation sector with our solicitors.
With a rate of 2250 injuries per 100,000 workers, there are over 45,000 cases of work-related injury a year for staff in accommodation and food services. Typically, injuries will be in the form of moving hand tools like sharp knives, as well as lifting and carrying accidents. Fortunately, the rate of industrial disease is statistically low, but not under heard of — more commonly, muscle and joint problems can a risk factor from working as hospitality staff.
If you’ve suffered an injury or illness from your work in accommodation and food services, speak to our team. We can help you evaluate a case for compensation with our free, claim assessment service. If we feel like you do have a claim, we can make it on a no win no fee* basis. Our team is available 24/7 on 08082391859^ and our experts in employer negligence will guide you through your claim.
What are the most common types of accidents resulting in injury for food and accommodation companies?
In the hospitality sector, and with the odd exception, the types of accident show a surprising commonality with those affecting employees in the retail sector. The most common causes of injuries are from:
- Slipping, tripping or falling
- Manual handling
- Struck by moving, flying or falling objects — also includes sharp objects
- Falls from heights
- Striking against something stationary or fixed
- Struck by moving vehicles
- Violent assaults and threats
- Exposure to harmful substances
- Contact with electricity
- Becoming trapped by something collapsing or overturning
The numbers do rapidly decline in number through the list, but the top three, as well as some lesser grouped workplace injuries, are in the thousands, and the vast majority of all of these required more than 7 days recovery time. In occupations like this where staff are quite often on minimum wage, being off work for so long can be extremely financially destabilising; made worse if your employer is at fault.
We seek to make sure negligent employers are held to account for the safety of their staff. We will help you recover lost earnings as well as the compensation for the injury. Contact us on 08082391859^ start your claim on a no win, no fee* basis.
What occupational illness are typical in the accommodation and food industry?
Luckily for hospitality staff, the rate of illness in the sector is relatively lower than the rest of UK industry. In line with trends, most cases are based around stress, anxiety, and depression and musculoskeletal disorders. Quite commonly in hotel and restaurant cleaning staff, contact dermatitis can develop from skin exposure to, for example, sanitizers and detergents.
In terms of poor mental health developed during work in food and accommodation, difficult customers and irregular hours are often to blame. The lack of job security can also weigh on staff, especially when living pay-check to pay-check or having to hold multiple jobs.
Muscle, joint or skeletal problems often develop from lifting and carrying continuously at work, or even from accidents whilst slipping or tripping whilst manually handling objects. These problems often manifest as back or lumbar pain and trouble with arms, wrists, and hands when carrying the volumes of goods typically seen in hospitality. Whilst they’re generally not regarded as severe as an accident, they quite often become much worse over time if steps aren’t taken to rectify them.
If you’ve suffered ill-health and feel like your employer is to blame, speak to our team — you might have a claim for compensation. We can help ratify your case free of charge and if you do have a claim, we can provide our service on a no win no fee* basis. It doesn’t hurt to ask, and we’re available 24/7 on 08082391859^ for your convenience.
What advantages do I have if I claim for employer negligence compensation against hospitality companies with Workplace Injury Claims?
- We have a team of technical qualifiers who can assess your claim for free. If they feel you have a case, we bring your claim to one of our panel solicitors — that way you don’t run up any legal fees by just asking questions.
- Our telephony team is open 24hrs a day, but you can leave them a message with our contact form, and they’ll get back to you within a few working days.
- Our panel of employer liability solicitors can work on a no win, no fee* basis, meaning again, you’re not drumming up expensive legal fees by claiming for your personal injury or illness.
- Our team covers the whole of the UK, and you’ll be assigned to a panel solicitor depending on if you’re in England and Wales, or Scotland.
- We have helped many people claim compensation who have worked in the hospitality sector.
- We can also help with rehabilitation; arranging physio or, in harsher situations, surgery and medical treatment. Furthermore, we offer a whole accident management package.
- We have a UK call centre, based in Manchester, and come from all walks of life.
- We fight for the maximum compensation for you, because ultimately your job is to make the company successful, and they should at least ensure your safety in exchange.
- When we calculate your claim amount, we factor in loss of earnings, general expenses and any ongoing costs incurred, so that you get the highest level of compensation due to you.
- We’re friendly, empathetic and here to help you however we can.
Get in touch with our employer negligence solicitors** today to find out if and how much compensation you could claim.
If you’ve suffered because of working in food and accommodation and your employer is at fault, call our helpline today on 08082391859^ to start your claim — we’re here to help.